Friday, October 28, 2011

Marbled Bread Pudding




One rainy afternoon I called hubby who was on the way home from work, to get me something from supermarket, tomato ketchup and panadol,  long story short, he came and I found two loaves of bread... ups... I forgot to tell him I have done grocery shopping earlier this afternoon. It was just habit, went to grocery shopping and there has always been something I forgot.  Here we are... we stocked up 4 loaves of bread in the middle of the week. Can you tell how the story goes ? Yes... bread pudding. 

Found recipe from this site, seems this recipe quite popular, seeing how people responded to this post and how many people have tried out. I made two batches for folks at home as well as to bring to my friend's house. Will definitely repeat this recipe whenever kitchen's bread tin had surplus of stock.  

 Marbled Bread Pudding
  • 4 slices of bread
  • 170ml milk
  • 200 ml condense milk (half tin)
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1 packet of agar agar (mine is 7 gr so I reduced amount of water)
  • 800 ml water (I used 750 ml)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbs butter
  • 2 tbs of cocoa powder
methods
Process in blender, bread and milk until combine and smooth add egg and process a little while, pour in this mixture to a medium pan as well as water, agar and sugar gently stir and bring to boil in medium heat. Turn off the heat, add butter slowly mix with whisker until melt.

Divide into 2, mix cocoa powder to one of the mixture. Pour into square tin one cup of white mixture followed by chocolate, keep repeating this process until all mixture in the tin. Set it in a fridge.

 

2 comments:

^.^ hi...