... Didn't take long to prepare. I steamed potatoes and I checked email... When potatoes done, put salt and the flour and viola...dumplings were ready to cook. This MFM is about dumpling, I've planned to make gnocchi for long time, too lazy to make the dumplings. But I didn't wanna have store bought either.
There were trips between my desk and kitchen quite alot (^_^), finally it's ready in time for lunch. Yay....
Gnocchi dumplings recipe taken from here
Basic Potato Gnocchi
- 2 1/4 pounds, mealy potatoes, peeled
- About 1 3/4 cups flour
- A pinch of salt
Roll the dough out into snakes about as thick as your finger, cut the snakes into one-inch pieces, and gently score the pieces crosswise with a fork. As an alternative to scoring with a fork. Cook the gnocchi in abundant salted boiling water, removing them with a slotted spoon a minute or two after they rise to the surface
Here is recipe for Creamy Gnocchi
1 recipe potato gnocchi ( atau 1 kg self life potato gnocchi)
1 tbs olive oil/ canola oil
1 leek, endeds trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
1/2 roast chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
60 g butter
50 g (1/3 cup) plain flour
750 ml (3 cup) milk
Salt, sugar, pepper to taste
100 gr cheddar cheese (50 gr for sauce , 50 gr for sprinkle)
Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
1. Preheat oven 180 degrees celsius. Cook the gnocchi following packet direction, drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add leek and cook, stirring for 2 minutes, add shredded chicken, stirring for 2 minutes . Put aside.
3. Melt the butter in saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add flour and cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in 50 gr grated cheddar cheese.
4. Spoon the gnocchi mixture into a shallow 3 l (12 cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the cheddar cheese. Bake for 40-45 minute or until cheddar melt and golden. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Original recipe taken from Australian Good Taste Magazine July 2007, modified by me (^_^)
Bahasa version is in here